International Journal on E-Learning Volume 3, Number 3, ISSN 1537-2456 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC USA
This paper advances a framework for architecting usability properties in the e-learning instructional design process. To understand the framework for architecting usability properties into the e-learning instructional design process, the following have been defined: instructional design process, e-learning instructional design process, usability attributes, and usability properties. The implementation of the framework will provide the e-learning instruction with all the usability properties that positively influence the learning process.
Koohang, A. & du Plessis, J. (2004). Architecting Usability Properties in the E-Learning Instructional Design Process. International Journal on E-Learning, 3(3), 38-44. Norfolk, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/5102/.
© 2004 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Adler, D.L. (1998, November). Understanding: Coming to terms
- Broderick, C.L. (2001) What is Instructional Design? Retrieved June 21 , 2004 from ht tp ://www.geoc it ies .com/ok_bcurt /whatisID.htm
- Cooper, L. 1999. Anatomy of an online course. THE Journal 26(7), 45-51
- Dick, W., & Carey, L. (1990). The systematic design of instruction. (3rd ed.). New York: Harper Collins College Publishers.
- Downes, S. (1998). The future of online learning. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 1(3). Retrieved June 21, 2004 from http://www.westga.edu/~distance/downes13.html
- Dumas, J., & Redish, J. (1993). A practical guide to usability Testing. Norwood, NJ: Ablex
- Egbert, J., & Thomas, M. (2001). The new frontier: A case study
- Flagg, B.N. (1990). Formative evaluation for educational technologies. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Gagné, R.M., Briggs, L.J., & Wager, W.W. (1992). Principles of
- Gold, S. (2001). A Constructivist Approach to Online Training for Online Teachers. JALN, 5(1). Retrieved June 21, 2004 from http://www.aln.org/publications/jaln/v5n1/v5n1_gold.asp
- Gubbins, J., Clay, M., & Perkins, J. (1999, Spring). The development of an online course to teach public administrators computer
- Guillemette, R. A. (1989). Usability in computer documentation design: Conceptual and methodological considerations. IEEE
- Holms, M. (2002). Web usability & Navigation. New York: McGraw-Hill. Huang, H (2002). Toward constructivism for adult learners in
- Huang, H. (2000). Instructional technologies facilitating online courses. Educational Technology, 40(4), 41-46.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9241-11
- Kemp, J., Morrison, G. & Ross, S. (1994). Designing effective instruction. New York: Merrill.
- Knowles, M., Holton, E., & Swanson, R. (1998). The adult learner (5th edition). Texas: Gulf Publishing.
- Koohang, A. (2004). A study of users' perceptions toward elearning courseware usability.
- Koohang, A., & Durante, A. (2003). Learners’ perceptions toward the web-based distance learning activities/assignments portion of an undergraduate hybrid instructional model. Journal of Information Technology Education 2, 105-113.
- Koohang, A. & Weiss, E. (2002). A Survey of Web-Based/On-Line Learning Platform Usability in an Undergraduate Management
- Koohang, A. & Weiss, E. (2003). Effect of Prior Experience with the
- Leshin, C. B., Pollock, J., & Reigeluth, C. M. (1992). Instructional design strategies and tactics. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications. Meh lenbacher, B.
- Combining usability issues and learning theory. Tutorial for IPCCSIGDOC 2000 International Conference. Cambridge, MA.
- Nielsen, J. (2000). Designing web usability: The practice of simplicity. Indianapolis: New Riders.
- Olgren, C. (2000). Distance learning in higher education. In K. Mantyla, The 2000/2002 ASTD distance learning yearbook (pp. 19-25). NewYork: McGraw-Hill.
- Pimentel, J. (1999). Design of Net-learning Systems Based on
- Randall, B. (2001). Effective web design and core communication issues: the missing components in Web-based distance
- Rosenbaum, S. (1989). Usability evaluations vs. Usability testing: When and why? IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication 32, P. 210-16.
- Rosenkrans, G. (2001). Design considerations for an effective
- Rubin, J. (1994). Handbook of usability testing. New York: John Wiley Seymour T., Durante A., and Koohang A. (1999). Developing
- Shackel, B. (1991). Usability - context, framework, design and evaluation. In Shackel, B., Richardson, S. (eds.). Human factors for informatics usability. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 21-38.
- Sherry, L., & Morse, R. (1995). An assessment of training needs
- Simonson, M., Smaldino, S., Albright, M. & Zvacek, S. (2000).
- Smith, P., & Regan, T. (1993). Instructional design. New York: Macmillan.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
The Effect of Usability of Learning Management System on Student's Flow Experience and Learning Experience
Shin-Yu Chang & Chun-Yi Shen, Tamkang University, Taiwan
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2015 (Jun 22, 2015) pp. 489–493
Alex Koohang, Kevin Floyd & Cody Stewart, Macon State College, United States
Interdisciplinary Journal of E-Learning and Learning Objects Vol. 7, No. 1 (Jan 01, 2011) pp. 111–123
Chung-Kai Huang & Ching-O Hsin, University of Texas at Austin, United States; Chiung-Hui Chiu, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia Vol. 19, No. 2 (April 2010) pp. 177–210
Samuel Ssemugabi & Ruth de Villiers, University of South Africa, South Africa
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2010 (Jun 29, 2010) pp. 1855–1864
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.