Developing Cloud Learning Environment with Windows Azure
Li Chao, University of Houston - Victoria, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-02-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper considers the development of cloud-based learning environment with Windows Azure. It begins with the introduction of the cloud technology in general. Specifically, this paper discusses developing the cloud-based learning environment for IT education. As a cloud solution, this paper explores how PaaS service provided by Windows Azure is used to construct a learning environment for database development related IT courses. This paper examines how the tools provided by Windows Azure can be used to improve problem-solving, collaboration, and self-improvement. The last part of the paper presents a cloud solution on implementing the learning environment.
Chao, L. (2013). Developing Cloud Learning Environment with Windows Azure. In R. McBride & M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2013--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3859-3864). New Orleans, Louisiana, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/48717/.
- ABET. (2005). Criteria for accrediting engineering programs. Retrieved June 26, 2010, from http://www.abet.org/Linked%20Documents-UPDATE/Criteria%20and%20PP/05-06-EAC%20Criteria.pdf Berenfeld, B., & Yazijian, H. (2010). Global Lab: Harnessing the cloud& Social networking for K-12 science learning…since 1991. In D. Gibson& B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3544-3547). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Chang, V., & Guetl, C. (2010). Generation Y learning in the 21st century: Integration of virtual worlds and cloud computing services. In Z. Abas et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn AsiaPacific 2010 (pp. 1888-1897).
- Chao, L. (2008). Strategies and technologies for developing online computer labs for technology-based courses. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- CloudWeeks. (2010). Cloud computing– demystifying SaaS, PaaS and IaaS. Retrieved September 16, 2010, from http://www.cloudtweaks.com/2010/05/cloud-computing-demystifying-saas-paas-and-iaas Fox, A. (2009). Cloud computing in education. Retrieved July 26, 2010, from http://inews.berkeley.edu/articles/Spring2009/cloud-computing
- Microsoft. (2012). A rack-solid cloud platform for blue-sky thinking. Retrieved September 1, 2012, from http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us Nicholson, J.L. (2009). Cloud computing’s top issues for higher education. Retrieved July 26, 2010, from http://www.universitybusiness.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=1342
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.