EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Denver, Colorado, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-95-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Abstract: The purpose of this study is to develop a measuring tool for e-Learning readiness of adult learners and verify its validity. To do this, a survey consisting of many basic questions derived from preceding studies was conducted of 250 adult employees from a company, and among them, data on a total of 223 adults were collected. After verifying the validity of e-Learning readiness of adult learners in an online learning environment, this study extracted four major constructs: (1) use of information technology, (2) social interaction, (3) sharing and management of information, and (4) self-direction. We attempted to make research on the development of a measuring tool for assessing e-Learning readiness in the domestic e-Learning environment. In this context, this study examined the existing concepts of learning readiness factors in conjunction with digital literacy. This study has revealed the unacknowledged “sharing and management of information”, among other important findings, as a new e-Learning factor, and investigated its validity and reliability.
Kim, J., Kang, M. & Shin, S.W. (2012). Development of a Measuring Tool for e-Learning readiness of Adult Learners. In T. Amiel & B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of EdMedia 2012--World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 193-201). Denver, Colorado, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 23, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/40745/.
© 2012 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Kim Kye-su (2007). Analysis of structural equation modelling with AMOS 16.0. Hannarae.
- Kim Cheong-kyeom (2009). Effects of learners' sense of community and learning readiness on learning in free online learning environment within institution. Research on Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 9(1). 1-22.
- Kim Hye-yeong (2000). Effects of self-directed learning readiness, personality types and attribution styles on academic achievement in adult education. Journal of Education Development, 21(1). 211-232.
- Anderson, K.C. (2005). The relationship of course relevance, online features, and perceived learner readiness with corporate employee satisfaction with e-Learning. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The University of Minnesota.
- Brockett, R.G. And Hiemstra, R. (1991). A conceptual framework for understanding self-direction in adult learning: Perspectives on theory, research, and practice. London and New York: Routledge.
- Candy, P.C. (1991). Self-direction for lifelong learning. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Dede, C. (1996). The evolution of distance education: emerging technologies and distributed learning. American Journal of Distance Education, 10(2), 4-36.
- Fogerson, D.L. (2005). Readiness factors contributing to participant satisfaction in online higher education
- Hadjiathanasiou, P. (2009). The e-Learning readiness of Cyprus primary teachers ahead of dias system
- Watkins, R., Leigh, D., & Triner, D. (2004). Assessing readiness for e-learning. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 17(4). 66-79.
- Watkins, R. (2004). Ends and means: e-Learning study skills and strategies. Distance Learning, 1(3). 24-26.
- Watkins, R. (2004). Building skills for e-Learning success. Distance Learning, 1(6). 27-28.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEVELOPMENTOFAMEASURINGTOOLFORE-LEARNINGREADINESSOFADULTLEARNERS_2012Jun21.pptx (Access with Subscription)