EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Toronto, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-81-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
This document presents the results of an analysis of the ways for using Blogs as a support tool for e-mentoring in higher education programs. It presents the identified advantages and disadvantages, especially in blended learning environments where mentoring is a very important task to maintain the student’s commitment and to facilitate a process that consume higher level of resources. This paper also examines the danger of repeating old practices with new media, and even more, analyses the specific characteristics of the activity of mentoring online from different points of view including the tutor, the protégé and even the entire group.
Ponce-Rojo, A., Hernandez-Contreras, J., Moreno-Badajos, P., Perez-Padilla, M.d.l.L. & Martinez-Borrayo, J.G. (2010). e-Mentoring in Undergraduate Programs using blogs. In J. Herrington & C. Montgomerie (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2010--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 2121-2126). Toronto, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 19, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/34927/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Ali, A. (2007). Cyber Mentoring: Using new IT teamwork tools to facilitate online mentoring and tutoring. R. Carlsen et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2007 (pp. 215-219). Chesapeake, VA: AACE
- Glenn D. (2003). Scholars with Blogs. The Crhonicle, 06/06/2003, http://chronicle.com/free/v49/i39/39a01401.htm Accessed september 21, 2009
- Helmond, A.(2008). How Many Blogs Are There? Is Someone Still Counting? Retrieved from: http://www.blogherald.com/ 2008/02/11 /how-many-blogs-are-there-is-someone-still-counting/. Accessed
- Huffaker, D. (2005). The Educated Blogger: Using Weblogs to Promote Literacy in the Classroom. AACE Journal. 13 (2), pp. 91-98. Norfolk, VA: AACE.
- Jacobi, M. (1991). Mentoring and undergraduate academic success: A Literature review, Review of Educational Research, Vol. 61, No. 4 (Fall 1991), pp 505-532.
- Kennedy, K. (2003). Writing with WebLogs Retrieved from: http://www.techlearning.com/db_area/archives/TL/ 2003/02/blogs.php, 02/15/2003. Accessed september 21, 2009
- Libbenga, J (2004). 8,000 bloggers born everyday. The Register, daily news, United Kingdom. Retrieved from: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/ 13/8000_bloggers_per_day/ Accessed september 21, 2009
- Scott, M. (2007). Top Edublogs August– 2007. Retrieved from: http://www.dangerouslyirrelevant.org/2007/08/topedublogs---.html.
- Walker, J (2005). Weblogs: Learning in public. Davidson Drew (editor) Second Generation e-learning: Serious Media, Bradford, United Kingdom, pp. 53.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.