Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Antonio, Texas, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-61-7 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This brief paper describes a conceptual approach to facilitating student learning in a teacher education course using collaborative web-based technologies. Pre-service teachers in an interdisciplinary language arts / social studies methods course completed a collection of activities using a course wiki and a separate course weblog. Research focused on the following question. How do collaborative web-based technologies interface with more traditional face-to-face and word processing technologies? Students experienced mixed levels of success using the blog and wiki illustrating the need for careful consideration when using web-based collaborative technologies.
Lee, J. & Young, C. (2007). Wikis, blogs, and all that stuff: Pre-service teacher experiences with web-based technologies in an interdisciplinary methods course. In R. Carlsen, K. McFerrin, J. Price, R. Weber & D. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2007--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3387-3389). San Antonio, Texas, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/25135/.
- Alexander, B. (2006). Web 2.0: A new wave of innovation for teaching and learning? Educause Review 41 (2), 32–44.
- Bull, G. (2006). Collaboration in a web 2.0 environment. Learning and Leading with Technology 33 (7), 23 24.
- Glasser, B.G. & Strauss, A. (1967). The discovery of grounded theory: Strategies for qualitative research. Chicago Il: Aldine Publishing Co.
- Mason, C., Berson, M., Diem, R., Hicks, D., Lee, J., & Dralle, T. (2000). Guidelines for using technology to prepare social studies teachers. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education [Online serial], 1 (1). Available: http://www.citejournal.org/vol1/iss1/currentissues/socialstudies/article1.htm
- McPherson, K. (2006). Wikis and literacy development. Teacher Librarian 34(1), 67-69.
- Pope, C., & Golub, J. (2000). Preparing tomorrow's English language arts teachers today: Principles and practices for infusing technology. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education [Online serial], 1 (1). Available: http://www.citejournal.org/vol1/iss1/currentissues/english/article1.htm
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.