Applications of a Case Library of Technology Integration Stories for Teachers
David Jonassen, University of Missouri, United States
Journal of Technology and Teacher Education Volume 11, Number 4, ISSN 1059-7069 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Waynesville, NC USA
Stories are the most natural form of communication and learning among humans. In this paper, we describe how we have designed and implemented an case library of technology integration stories to support pre-service and in-service teachers learning how to integrate technologies into their teaching. The case library was built using the artificial intelligence theory, case-based reasoning. We also describe how this case library may be used as an electronic performance support systems for in-service teachers and a learning support systems for pre-service teachers engaged in case studies.
Jonassen, D. (2003). Applications of a Case Library of Technology Integration Stories for Teachers. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 11(4), 529-548. Norfolk, VA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved March 26, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/2151/.
© 2003 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Bruner, J. (1986). Actual m inds, possible worlds. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Bruner, J. (1990). Acts of Meaning. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. Collins, A. (1991) Cognitive apprenticeship and instructional technology. In L. Idol& B.F. Jones (Eds.) , Educational values and cognitive in-struction: Implications for reform, (pp. 121-138). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- International Society for Technology in Education (1999). Will new teachers be prepared to teach in a digital age. Eugene, OR: International Society for Technology in Education.
- Kolodner, J. (1992). An introduction to case-based reasoning. Artificial Intelligence Review, 6(1) , 3-34.
- Kolodner, J. (1993). Case-based reasoning. New York: Morgan Kaufman. Kolodner, J.L. , & Guzdial, M. (2000). Theory and practice of case-based learning aids. In D.H. Jonassen& S.M. Land (Eds.) , Theoretical foundations of learning environments. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Lave, J. (1988). Cognition in practice: Mind, mathematics and culture in everyday life. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- National Center for Educational Statistics (1999). Teacher quality: A report on the preparation and qualifications of public schoolteachers. Washington, DC: National Center for Educational Statistics. [Online].
- Polanyi, M. (1966). The tac i t dimension. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. Polkinghorne, D. (1988). Narrative knowing and the human sciences. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
Lucilia Green, Monsicha Kittikunanant & Nancy Maushak, Texas Tech University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (Mar 03, 2008) pp. 3760–3762
Peter Albion, University of Southern Queensland, Australia; Sue Espinoza, Texas A&M University - Commerce, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2004 (2004) pp. 1897–1898
Barbara Levin, Holly Robbins & He Ye, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2004 (2004) pp. 551–558
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.