Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Savannah, GA, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Today’s educators are being introduced to new forms of instructional technology on a daily basis. This paper focuses on using the TPACK model as a framework to help undergraduate teacher education students create 21st century lessons using digital tools. The digital tools used to design technology-based lessons for a project based learning unit are presented and the pedagogical purposes for their selection are discussed.
Keywords: Instructional Technology, TPACK, Teacher Education, Digital Tools
Powers, J. & Musgrove, A. (2016). Putting the “P” into TPACK: Using Digital Tools to Design 21st Century Lessons. In G. Chamblee & L. Langub (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3042-3049). Savannah, GA, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/172124/.
© 2016 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Chuang, H., & Ho, C. (2011). An investigation of early childhood teachers’ technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) in Taiwan. Journal of Kirsehir Education Faculty, 12(2), 99-117
- Dodge, B. (1997). Some Thoughts About WebQuests. Retrived from http://webquest.org/sdsu/about_webquests.html
- Florida Atlantic University (2010). Florida Atlantic University 2015-2016 catalog. Retrieved from http://www.fau.edu/academic/registrar/FAUcatalog/index.php Florida Department of Education (2015). The Florida educator accomplished practices (FEAPs). Retrieved from http://www.fldoe.org/teaching/professional-dev/the-fl-educator-accomplishedpractices.stml
- Gagne, R. (1985). The Conditions of Learning (4th.). New York: Holt, Rinehart& Winston.
- Harris, J., Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2009). Teachers’ technological pedagogical content knowledge and learning activity types: Curriculum-based technology integration reframed. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 41(4), 393-416.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Richards, C. (2006). Towards an integrated framework for designing effective ICT-supported learning environments: The challenge to better link technology and pedagogy. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 15(2), 239-255.
- Roblyer, M.D. (2016). Integrating educational technology into teaching (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Saengbanchong, V., Wiratchai, N., & Bowarnkitiwong, S. (2014). Validating the technological pedagogical content knowledge appropriate for instructing students (TPACK-S) of pre-service teachers. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 116, 524-530.
- Sancar-Tokmak, H.S. (2015). Pre-service teachers' perceptions on TPACK development after designing educational games. Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education, 43(5), 392-410.
- Shulman, L.S. (1986). Those who understand: Knowledge growth in teaching. Educational Researcher, 15(2), 4-14.
- Wiggins, G.P., & McTighe, J. (2005). Understanding by Design. Alexandria, VA: Assoc. For Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Wolpert-Gawron, H. (2016). DIY project based learning for ELA and history. New York: Routledge.
- Yanpar-Yelken, T., & Sancar-Tokmak, H.S. (2015). Effects of creating digital stories on foreign language education pre-service teachers' TPACK self-confidence. Educational Studies, 41(4), 444-461.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.