Journal of Technology and Teacher Education Volume 11, Number 4, ISSN 1059-7069 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Waynesville, NC USA
National and state technology standards for students, teachers, and administrators, teacher certification program standards, and revisions of many states' computer course of studies have encouraged teacher educators to seek innovative techniques to prepare teachers to effectively use and to seamlessly integrate technology into content classrooms. This study examined the perceptions of preservice teachers who were required to develop an electronic portfolios as part of a preservice teacher education program. Most participants concluded that the electronic portfolio assessment was a more authentic method of assessment for their work. However, the preservice teachers did not seem to reflect upon the portfolio or the process. Recommendations are made for teacher education programs employing electronic portfolios.
Wilson, E.K., Wright, V.H. & Stallworth, B.J. (2003). Secondary Preservice Teachers’ Development of Electronic Portfolios: An Examination of Perceptions. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 11(4), 515-527. Norfolk, VA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved March 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/14617/.
© 2003 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Barrett, H. (1997). Collaborative planning for electronic portfolios: Asking strategic
- Barrett , H . (1998 , October) . Strategic questions: What to consider when
- International Society for Technology in Education (2001). NETS Standards. Retrieved December, 2001 from: http://www.iste.org/standards/index.h tm l
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (2001). Professionals tandards for the accreditation of schools, colleges, and departments of education. Washington, DC: NCATE.
- Pailliotet , A . (1997) . Personal stories or “plastic sheets”: Preservice teachers’ perspectives of journals and portfolios . In C .K . Kinzer , K .A .
- Patton, M. (1990). Qualitative evaluation and research methods (2nd ed.). Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
- Polonoli , K. (2000 , November). Defining the role of the digital portfolio in teacher education. Paper presented at the West Virginia Network (WVNET) annual conference. (ERIC Reproduction Services No. ED 447806).
- Punch, K. (1998). Introduction to social research: Quantitative and qualitative approaches. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
- Valencia, C. (1990). A portfolio approach to classroom reading assessment: The whys, whats , and hows. Reading Teacher, 43(4) , 338-340.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.