E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Phoenix, Arizona, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-50-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
There are a lot of generic authoring tools available. However, not many of them are oriented with multiple instructional strategies, which are essential to provide an adaptive e-learning environment to students. The purpose of this paper is to introduce how we build an authoring tool to assist instructors in producing different types of instructional strategies. The paper is especially focused on three strategies: Advance Organizer, Concept Mapping and Collaborative Learning that are useful for student with learning style as dependent learner or independent learner . Learning objects being authored for one strategy can be reused for other instructional strategies.
Liao, M.C., Lo, S., Oyuki, M. & Li, K.W. (2003). Authoring Tool for Multiple Instructional Strategies: Advance Organizer, Concept Mapping and Collaborative Learning. In A. Rossett (Ed.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2003--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 2269-2272). Phoenix, Arizona, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 24, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/11872/.
© 2003 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Ausubel, D. P. (1963), “The Psychology of Meaningful Verbal Learning”, New York: Grune and Stratton. Coffey, J. W. And Canas, A. J. (2003), “An Approach to Distance Learning Course Presentation”
- Curriculum Guide (CDC) (2003), “The Use of Concept Maps in the Teaching-Learning Process” [Online Accessed: 15 February 2003] http://www.schoolnet.edu.mo/general/biology/temp/cmap/cmapguid.html
- Gerlach, J. M. (1994). "Is this collaboration?" In Bosworth, K. And Hamilton, S. J. (Eds.), Collaborative Learning: Underlying Processes and Effective Techniques, New Directions for Teaching and Learning No. 59.
- Gokhale, A. A. (1995), “Collaborative Learning Enhances Critical Thinking”, Journal of Technology Education, Vol. 7, No. 1 [Online Accessed: 8 March 2003] http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/JTE/jte -v7n1/gokhale.jtev7n1.html#about%20author
- Plotnick, E. (2001), “Concept Mapping: A Graphical System for Understanding the Relationship between Concepts” , Teacher Librarian, April, Vol. 28, Issue 4, p42. [Online Accessed: 8 March 2003] Available on EBSCOhos t Databases.
- Story, C. M. (1998), “What Instructional Designers Need to Know about Advance Organizers”, International Journal of Instructional Media,22 June, Vol. 25, Issue 3 [Online Accessed: 8 March 2003] http://global.factiva.com/en/arch/display.asp
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.