Journal of Technology and Teacher Education Volume 12, Number 3, ISSN 1059-7069 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Waynesville, NC USA
This piece discusses issues of vision, skills and knowledge, and departmental culture as barriers to the integration of technology into teacher education courses. After a review of literature in these three areas, themes found from interviews with innovators at Western Michigan University are presented and discussed. Also included are recommendations for institutions seeking to integrate technology into their teacher preparatory curriculums.
Finley, L. & Hartman, D. (2004). Institutional Change and Resistance: Teacher Preparatory Faculty and Technology Integration. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 12(3), 319-337. Norfolk, VA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved March 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/11460/.
© 2004 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Attewell , P. (2001). Comment: The first and second digital divides. Sociology of Education, 74(3) , 252-259.
- Fuller, H. (2000). First teach their teachers: Technology support and computer use in academic subjects. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 32(4), 511-537.
- Gallant , G . (2000) . Professional development for web-based teaching: Overcoming innocence and resistance . New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education , 88 , 69-78.
- George, G. (1996). Managing instructor cyber-anxiety: The role of self efficacy in decreasing resistance to change. Educational Technology, 36(4) , 49-54.
- Guhlin, M. (2002). Teachers must push technology ’s tidal wave. Journal of Staff Development, 23(1) , 40-41.
- Hage, J. (1999). Organizational innovation and organization change. Annual Review of Sociology, 597-622.
- Postman , N . (1992) . Technopoly . New York: Knopf .
- PT3 Grant Objectives (2000) . Western Michigan University .
- Rogers, E. (1995). Diffusion of innovations ,(4th ed.). New York: The Free Press.
- Revenaugh , M. (2000). Beyond the digital divide: Pathways to equity. Technology and Learning, 20(10) , 38-40 , 44 , 46 , 48 , 50.
- Silver, H. (1998). Reinventing innovation. Conference paper given at the Managing Learning Innovation: The Challenges of the Changing Curriculum conference At the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside.
- Stuhlman , J . (1998) . A model for using technology in teacher training programs. Journalof Technology and Teacher Education , 6(2-3) , 125-139 .
- Zisow , M . (2000) . Teaching style and technology. TechTrends, 44(4), 36-38.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
James Oigara & Janet Ferguson, Canisius College, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2017 (Mar 05, 2017) pp. 1732–1740
Kevin Dougherty, Durham CollegeSchool of Business, IT & Management, Canada
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2015 (Jun 22, 2015) pp. 1403–1413
Senenge T. Andzenge & Sarah F. North, University of Minnesota, United States
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2013 (Jun 24, 2013) pp. 1616–1622
Jenny Arntzen, Don Krug & Zhengyan Wen, University of British Columbia, Canada
International Journal of Education and Development using ICT Vol. 4, No. 4 (Dec 30, 2008) pp. 6–14
"Islands of Innovation" or "Comprehensive Innovation." Assimilating Educational Technology in Teaching, Learning, and Management: A Case Study of School Networks in Israel
Orit Avidov-Ungar, The Open University, Israel
Interdisciplinary Journal of E-Learning and Learning Objects Vol. 6, No. 1 (Jan 01, 2010) pp. 259–280
Do Perceived Levels Of Technology Training In High School And Computer Access In College Meet The Coursework Demands Of College Students?
Maria Esposito & Diane Impagliazo, Dowling College, United States; Roger Podell, BOCES, United States; Brian Bracchio & Elsa-Sofia Morote, Dowling College, United States
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2011 (Oct 18, 2011) pp. 608–616
Factors Contributing to a Sustainable Implementation of Digital Media in Schools and Classrooms – Empirical Analyses and some Consequences for Teacher Education
Birgit Eickelmann, TU Dortmund University, Germany
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (Mar 29, 2010) pp. 1421–1428
“Why Can’t I Get this Thing to Work?”: Evaluating Strategies to Promote Preservice Secondary Teachers’ Self-Efficacy Toward Technology Integration
Liesl Combs & Michael Evans, Virginia Tech School of Education, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2007 (Mar 26, 2007) pp. 2519–2526
The Buzz Continues...The Diffusion of Digital Storytelling across disciplines and colleges at the University of Houston
Anne Rudnicki, Alysa Cozart, Annapurna Ganesh, Carrie Markello, Sabrina Marsh, Sara McNeil, Heidi Mullins, Donna Odle Smith & Bernard Robin, University of Houston, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2006 (Mar 19, 2006) pp. 717–723
Cara Lane, Program for Educational Transformation Through Technology, United States
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2005 (Jun 27, 2005) pp. 3216–3222
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.