Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Diego, CA, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-78-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The purposed of this report is to demonstrate and analyze the research result on the effects of using education portal (TEKNOPEN) towards sociability in collaborative learning; experienced by a group of student from University Putra Malaysia who adopt Technology and Innovation in Education course. Research has been done in experimental arrangement where the student has been divided into two groups that is the treatment group who used education portal and traditional way of teaching. On the other hand, the control group only used the traditional way of teaching. The finding of this research has shown that there is no significant difference between these two groups, but treatment group has shown better result in sociability scale compared to the other group. This means, TEKNOPEN Portal slightly helps towards building positive social interaction in collaborative learning.
Wan Ali, W.Z., Mohd Ayub, A.F., Nawawi, M., Mahmud, R., Che Jamin, N.F. & Abdullah, R. (2010). Sociability in Computer Supported Collaborative Learning Environment (CSCL). In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2010--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 962-968). San Diego, CA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 19, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/33472/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Dillenbourg, P. (Ed.) (1999). Collaborative Learning: Cognitive and Computational Approaches. Oxford, England: Pergamon, Elsevier Science Ltd
- Gerlach, J.M. (1994). Is this Collaboration? In Bosworth, K dan Hamilton, S.J. (Eds). Collaboration Learning: Underlying Process and Effective Technique, New Directions For Teaching and Learning No.59.
- Khandaker, N., Soh, L.K, Jiang, H. (2006). Student learning and team formation in a structured CSCL enviroment. Riichiro, M, Pirrre, D, Zhiting Zhu (Ed) in Learning Effectiveness Utilization of Technologies: Facilitating Intercultural Understanding. Amsterdam: IOS Press.
- Kreijns, K., Kirschner, P.A., Jochems, W., & Van Buuren, H. (2007). Computer& Education, 49, 176-192.
- Nugent, W., Sieppert, J., & Hudson, W. (2001). Practice evaluation fot the 21st century. Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole
- Rozinah Jamaludin (2007). Internet in Education. Pulau Pinang: USM Press.
- Salomon, G. (1992). What does the design of effective CSCL require and how do we study its effects. ACM Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, 21(3). New York:ACM Press.
- Vygotsky, L. (1978). Mind in society: the development of higher psychological processes. Cambrige, MA: Harvard University Press.-968 DASHDASH
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- presentation_3040_28550.ppt (Access with Subscription)