Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Orlando, Florida, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-58-7 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
With the recent release of 5th generation iPods, this magic music box not only increases its storage amount, but “takes the stage for another encore;” and the new video feature has brought iPod fans a great deal of excitement. People can enjoy their favorite music and videos wherever and whenever. This phenomenon has drawn the attention from educators. Why not learning wherever and whenever? The University of Houston is one of several pioneering schools conducting research studies on how to turn the iPod into a portable learning tool to “tune” students to learning tracks. This paper will introduce the planning and implementation of our Podcasting research project, and discuss the practical application of how to setup Podcasting for instructional delivery to facilitate student learning and possibly improve learning outcomes.
McCombs, S., Houk, K., Higginbotham, D., Johnson, G. & Liu, Y. (2006). Turning iPod into an Effective Portable Learning Tool. In C. Crawford, R. Carlsen, K. McFerrin, J. Price, R. Weber & D. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2006--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 438-443). Orlando, Florida, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/22076/.
- Benard, B. (1995). High expectations. Retrieved on Jan. 29, 2006 from http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/areas/issues/students/atrisk/at6lk11.htm
- Blackmore, J. (1996). Pedagogy: Learning styles. Retrieved on Jan. 29, 2006 from http://granite.cyg.net/~jblackmo/diglib/styl-A.html
- Grasha, A.F. (1996). Teaching with style. Pittsburgh, PA: Alliance.
- Howard, J. (1990). Getting smart: The social construction of intelligence. Lexington, MA: The Efficacy Institute. Some characteristics of learners with teaching implications. (2000). Online Learning, Rochester Institute of Technology. Retrieved on Jan. 29, 2006 from http://www.rit.edu/~609www/ch/faculty/learner.htm
- Suydam, M.N. (1990). Curriculum and evaluation standards for school mathematics. ERIC Digest. Columbus, OH: ERIC Clearinghouse for Science, Mathematics, and Environmental Education. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED319630)
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Storytelling on the iPad: apps, activities, and processes for successful 21st century story creations
Nathaniel Ostashewski, Curtin University, Australia; Doug Reid, McEwan University, Canada
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2012 (Jun 26, 2012) pp. 1823–1827
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.