EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Montreal, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-56-3 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
This roundtable will provide participants with an opportunity to discuss issues to consider when designing multimedia learning objects. We will first present a selection of video and media segments that we designed and developed to meet specific instructional objectives and use in a faculty development workshop that blends face-to-face and Web-based, synchronous and asynchronous activities. Some of the issues to be discussed will center on design and development considerations, including media format selection, video layout and sequence, and development and delivery resources. Participants will be able to apply the analysis to their multimedia learning design and development projects.
Moore, C. & Huguet, M.P. (2005). Situated Design Considerations for Video and Media Format of Multimedia Learning Objects. In P. Kommers & G. Richards (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2005--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 4314-4318). Montreal, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/20756/.
© 2005 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bouchlaghem, N., Wilson, A., Beacham, N., & Sher, W. (2002). Computer Imagery and Visualization in Built Environment Education: The CAL-Visual Approach. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 39 (3), 225-236
- Castro, M., Hilario, A., Acha, S., Perez, J., Colmenar, A., Losada, P., Rivilla, I., & Peire, J. (2001). Multimedia Design and Development for Distance Teaching of Electronics. Frontiers in Education, 2001, ASEE/IEEE, Reno, NV, F3F-13 – F3F-18
- Doering, E.R. (2001). Low-Cost, High-Impact Video Production Techniques for Laboratory Instructional Materials. Frontiers in Education, 2001, ASEE/IEEE, Reno, NV, F1C-14 – F1C-18
- Hedberg, J. (2004). Designing Multimedia: seven discourses. Cambridge Journal of Education, 34 (2), 241-256
- Heragu, S.S., Graves, R.J., Malmborg, C.J., Jennings, S., & Newman, D.L. (2003). Multimedia Tools for Use in Materials Handling Classes. European Journal of Engineering Education, 28 (3), 375-393
- Ueno, M. (2004). Animated agent to maintain learner’s attention in e-learning. World Conference on E-Learning in Corp., Govt., Health., & Higher Ed. 2004(1), 194-201. [Online]. Available: http://dl.aace.org/16395
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.