EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada ISBN 978-1-939797-16-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
The New Space Challenge is a staff development approach specifically designed to enhance student learning experiences in the new generation of learning spaces being developed at the University of Newcastle. These learning spaces will allow for more flexible pedagogical approaches that are
technology-enabled to encourage active, connected, and collaborative learning. The New Space Challenge staff development project recognizes that providing effective
professional development support for academic staff when moving to teach in these spaces is core to improving student learning outcomes.
The New Space Challenge moves from the traditional model of professional development workshops towards one that is:
- aligned to individual performance and evaluation goals,
- supported by motivational frames such as games-based learning, online badges, and gamification,
- authentically situated in real world activities, and
- self-organized and self-managed.
Cameron, D. & Miles, C. (2015). The New Space Challenge: A game-based professional development program for staff teaching in new generation learning spaces. In S. Carliner, C. Fulford & N. Ostashewski (Eds.), Proceedings of EdMedia 2015--World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 1139-1141). Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/151514/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- De la Harpe, B., & Mason, T. (2014). Not a waste of space-professional development for staff teaching in New Generation Learning Spaces: Office for Learning and Teaching. Retrieved from http://www.olt.gov.au/system/files/resources/ID11_2050_de%20la%20Harpe_report_2014.pdf
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- aace.ppt (Access with Subscription)