E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in New Orleans, LA, USA ISBN 978-1-939797-12-4 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
Podcasting and/or videos can serve as a method for content delivery, means of assessment, ways to meet specific objectives, or an approach to special projects. This session serves as a guide to enable participants to effectively create and use podcasts and videos to accomplish various objectives in online courses.
Livengood, K., Casarez, L. & McGlamery, M. (2014). On-line teaching and assessment with videos and podcasts. In T. Bastiaens (Ed.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning (pp. 1211-1215). New Orleans, LA, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/149059/.
© 2014 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Abt, G., & Barry, T. (2009). A strategy for using podcasts for teaching and learning in the Biosciences. Centre for Bioscience, The Higher
- Armstrong, D.A. (2011). Students’ perceptions of online learning and instructional tools: A qualitative study of undergraduate students use of online tools. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational technology, 10(3), 222-226.
- Betts, K., Cohen, A.H., Veit, D.P., Alphin, H.C., Broadus, C., & Allen, D. (2013). Strategies to increase online student success for students with disabilities. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 17(3), 49-64.
- Bongey, S.B., Cizadlo, G. & Kalnbach, L. (2006). Explorations in course-casting: Podcasts in higher education, Campus-Wide Information Systems, 23(5), 350-367.
- Capdeferro, N., & Romero, M. (2012). Are online learners frustrated with collaborative learning experiences? The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 13(2), 26-44.
- Cherrett, T., Wills, G., Price, J., Maynard, S., & Dror, I.E. (2009). Making training more cognitively effective: Making videos interactive. British Journal of Educational Technology, 40(6), 1124-1134.
- Chou, S.W., & Liu, C.H. (2005). Learning effectiveness in a web-based virtual learning environment: A control perspective. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 21, 65-76.
- Clark, S., Sutton-Brady, C., Scott, K.M., & Taylor, L. (2007). Short podcasts: The impact on learning and teaching. Proceedings of mLearn Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Copley, J. (2007). Audio and video podcasts of lectures for campus-based students: Production and evaluation of student use. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 44(4), 387-399.
- Dziuban, C., Moskal, P., Kramer, L., & Thompson. J. (2012). Student satisfaction with online learning in the presence of ambivalence: Looking for the will-o’-the-wisp. The Internet and Higher Education.
- Evans, H.K. (2014). An experimental investigation of videotaped lectures in online courses. TechTrends, 58(3), 63-70.
- Fletcher, J.D., Tobias, S., & Wisher, R.A. (2007). Learning anytime, anywhere: Advanced distributed learning and the changing face of education. Educational Researcher, 36(2), 96-102.
- Garrison, D.R., & Anderson, T. (2003). E-learning in the 21st century. A framework for research and practice. London: RoutledgeFalmer.
- Giannakos, M.N., Chorianopoulos, K., Ronchetti, M., Szegedi, P., & Teasley, S.D. (2014). Video-based learning and open online courses. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 9(1), 4-7.
- Green, D.T. (2008). Using student video presentations in an online course. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 6(2), 521-526.
- Hartsell, T. (2013). The effectiveness of using digital movies as a form of reflection. Journal of Educational Technology Development& Exchange, 6(1), 31-46.
- Hartsell, T., & Yuen, S.C. (2006). Video streaming in online learning. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education Journal, 14(1), 31-43.
- Kidd, W. (2011). Utilising podcasts for learning and teaching: A review and ways forward for e-learning cultures. Management in Education, 26(2), 52-57.
- Lance, G.D. (2002). Distance learning and disability: A view from the instructor’s side of the virtual lectern. Information Technology and Disabilities, 8.
- Lee, M.J.W., & Chan, A. (2007). Pervasive, lifestyle-integrated mobile learning for distance learners: An analysis and unexpected results from a podcasting study. The Journal of Open and Distance Learning, 22(3), 201-218.
- Lenhart, A., Purcell, K., Smith, P., & Zickuhr, K. (2010). Social media and young adults. Pew Internet and American Life Project. Retrieved from http://www.pewinternet.org/2010/02/03/social-media-and-young-adults/
- Nie, M.(2006). The pedagogical
- Strand, H., Fox-Young, S., Long, P., & Boggosian, F. (2011). A pilot project in distance education: Nurse practitioner students’ experience of personal video capture technology as an assessment method of clinical skills. Nurse Education Today 33(3), 253-258.
- Tam, C.O. (2012). The effectiveness of educational podcasts for teaching music and visual arts in higher education. Research in Learning Technology, 20, 14919. DOI:10.3402/rlt.v20i0/14919.
- Tandy, C., & Meacham, M. (2009). Removing the barriers for students with disabilities: Accessible online and web-enhanced courses. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 29, 313-328.
- Tantrarungroj, P., & Lai, F. (2011). Effect of embedded streaming video strategy in an online learning environment. The International Journal of Learning, 17(11), 17-27.
- Teo, T., & Wong, S.L. (2013). Modeling key drivers of e-learning satisfaction among student teachers. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 48(1), 71-95.
- Tohill, K. (2008). I podcast, you podcast, together we podcast: Podcasting as a learning tool in second language classrooms. Proceeding of the 19 th International Conference of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education, Chesapeake, VA. 3645-3650.
- Williams, P.J. (2012). Investigating the Feasibility of using digital representations of work for performance assessment in engineering. International Journal of Technology and Design Education, 22(2), 187-203.
- Yee, H.T.K., Luan, W.S., Ayub, A.F.M., & Mahmud, R. (2009). A review of the literature: Determinants of online learning among students. European Journal of Social Sciences, 8(2), 246-252.
- Zimmerman, T.D. (2012). Exploring learner to content interaction as a success factor in online courses. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 13(4), 152-165.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- presentation_3065_43989.ppt (Access with Subscription)