CITE Journal Volume 15, Number 1, ISSN 1528-5804 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Waynesville, NC USA
Three leaders of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Conference on English Education (CEE) reflect on the changes that have occurred in English language arts teacher education in the past 15 years since the first edition of Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE Journal) was published. The authors take a historical look at the development of the CEE and CITE Journal relationship, reflect on the inaugural article in the CITE Journal English Language Arts Teacher Education section and the principles it presented, and provide a history of the evolution of NCTE/CEE belief statements, resolutions, and standards for teacher preparation as they relate to 21st-century literacies and technologies. The piece provides a snapshot of current practices in English language arts teacher preparation and considers the future of the field.
George, M., Pope, C. & Reid, L.A. (2015). Contemporary Literacies and Technologies in English Language Arts Teacher Education: Shift Happens!. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 15(1), 1-13. Waynesville, NC USA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved March 26, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/148459/.
© 2015 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Enterprise Florida. (2009, January 14). Simulation video University of South Florida [video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9VVAFW1Rx8
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A new framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108, 1017-1054. Retrieved 11 from Punya Mishra's website: http://punya.educ.msu.edu/2008/01/12/mishra-koehler2006/
- Myers, M. (1996). Changing our minds: Negotiating English and literacy. Urbana, IL: National Council of Teachers of English.
- Nast, P. (2014). Virtual classroom management. Retrieved from https://www.nea.org/tools/virtual-classroom-management.html
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. (2010). Policy on guidelines for writing and approval of SPA standards. In SASB policies and procedures handbook (pp. 5–51). Washington, DC: Specialty Areas Studies Board, National Council for
- National Council of Teachers of English. (2005). Position statement on multimodal literacies. Retrieved from www.ncte.org/positions/statements/multimodalliteracies
- National Council of Teachers of English. (2007). 21st century literacies: A policy research brief. Retrieved from http://www.ncte.org/library/NCTEfiles/Resources/Magazine/Chron110721CentLitBrief. Pdf
- National Council of Teachers of English. (2008). NCTE framework for 21st century curriculum and assessment. Retrieved from http://www.ncte.org/governance/21stcenturyframework
- National Council of Teachers of English. (2012). NCTE/NCATE standards for initial preparation of teachers of secondary English language arts, grades 7-12. Retrieved from http://www.ncte.org/library/NCTEFiles/Groups/CEE/NCATE/ApprovedStandards_111212.pdf
- National Council of Teachers of English. (2013). The NCTE definition of 21st century literacies. Retrieved from http://www.ncte.org/positions/statements/21stcentdefinition
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for Colleges and Careers. (2014). The PARCC assessment. Retrieved from http://www.parcconline.org/parcc-assessment
- Pope, C., & Golub, J. (2000). Preparing tomorrow's English language arts teachers today: Principles and practices for infusing technology. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 1. Retrieved from http://www.citejournal.org/vol1/iss1/currentissues/english/article1.htm
- Shulman, L. (1986). Those who understand: Knowledge growth in teaching. Educational Researcher, 15, 4-14.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (2015). Smarter balanced assessments. Retrieved from http://www.smarterbalanced.org/smarter-balanced-assessments
- Swenson, J., Rozema, R., Young, C.A., McGrail, E., & Whitin, P. (2005). Beliefs about technology and the preparation of English teachers: Beginning the conversation. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 5, 3-4. Retrieved from http://www.citejournal.org/vol5/iss3/languagearts/article1.cfm
- University of Central Florida. (2014). Dr. Lisa Dieker faculty webpage. Retrieved from http://education.ucf.edu/faculty_detail.cfm?id=394
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.