EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-48-8 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Computer-mediated learning is rendering traditional higher education an historical icon. Traditional classrooms included students with textbooks listening to an instructor who lectured to them for the length of the class period about one subject. Student needs are changing, especially in the arena of engineering education. Industry requires that employees think creatively, solve problems, and make decisions as part of a team, working together in an organization (Gokhale, 1995). To address changing needs of learners and address the growing challenges in the working environment, Greenfield Coalition (GC) has created a blended learning environment incorporating various learning strategies both in and out of the classroom as well as multiple educational disciplines.
Wood, M., Lee, M. & Schuch-Miller, D. (2003). Blended Learning: Curriculum and Approach. In D. Lassner & C. McNaught (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2003--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 2548-2551). Honolulu, Hawaii, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/14262/.
© 2003 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Gagne, R.M. (1979). The Conditions of Learning (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, Inc.
- Gokhale, A. (1995). Collaborative Learning Enhances Critical Thinking. Journal of Technical Education. Volume 7. Number 5.
- Herrington, J. (2002). Designing Authentic Activities in Web-based Courses. E-Learn 2002 Proceedings (invited paper/speaker).
- Howe, E., & Strauss, W. (2002). Millennials Rising. New York: Random House.
- Raviv, D. (2002). Do We Teach Them How to Think? Proceedings of the 2002 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.