Journal of Technology and Teacher Education Volume 9, Number 4, ISSN 1059-7069 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Waynesville, NC USA
This article describes a program in which prospective secondary mathematics teachers develop hypermedia stacks to demonstrate their understanding of important principles of mathematics, teaching, and learning. Initial project creation occurs in methods classes where students create hypermedia projects in small groups. Later, during student teaching, interns construct individual, portfolio-like hypermedia projects. Intern-created stacks include hypertext links, quick-time movies from video-taped segments of practice teaching, other video and audio components, and links to a variety of applications. The hypermedia format encourages prospective teachers to build explicit connections within their own experiences, allowing them to personalize reform themes in terms of their own teaching. In addition, it offers them experiences with computer technology, cooperative learning activities, and alternative assessment strategies. Several project descriptions illustrate these ideas.
Lloyd, G.M. & Wilson, M.(. (2001). Offering Prospective Teachers Tools to Connect Theory and Practice: Hypermedia in Mathematics Teacher Education. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 9(4), 497-518. Norfolk, VA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved March 26, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/8404/.
© 2001 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Calderhead, J. (1989). Reflective teaching and teacher education. Teaching and Teacher Education, 5(1) , 43-51.
- Knowles, G. (1992). Models for teachers(cid:146) biographies. In I. Goodson (Ed.) , Studying teachers(cid:146) lives (pp. 99-152). New York: Teachers College Press. Lasley, T.J. (1992). Promoting teacher reflection. Journal of Staff Development, 13(1) , 24-29.
- Lortie , D. (1975). Schoolteacher. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. McIntyre, D.J. , Byrd, D.M. , & Foxx, S.M. (1996). Field and laboratory experiences. In J. Sikula (Ed.) , Handbook of research on teacher education (pp. 171-193). New York: Macmillan.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics . (1989) . Curr icu lum and
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1991). Professionals tandards for teaching mathematics. Reston , VA: Author.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1995). Assessments tandards for school mathematics. Reston , VA: Author.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2000). Principles and standards for school mathematics. Reston , VA: Author.
- Roth, R. (1989). Preparing the reflective practitioner: Transforming the apprenticeship through the dialectic. Journal of Teacher Education, 40(2) , 31-35.
- Schon, D. (1983). There f lect ive practitioner. New York: Basic Books. Schon, D. (1987). Educating there f lect ive practitioner. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Smyth, J. (1989). Developing and sustaining critical reflection in teacher education. Journal of Teacher Education, 40(2) , 2-9.
- Thompson, A. (1992). Teachers(cid:146) beliefs and conceptions: A synthesis of the research. In D. Grouws (Ed.) , Handbook of research on mathematics teaching and learning (pp. 127-146). New York: Macmillan.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
Cheryl Rosaen, Mary Lundeberg, Marjorie Cooper & Anny Fritzen, Michigan State University, United States
Journal of Technology and Teacher Education Vol. 18, No. 3 (July 2010) pp. 459–488
Elena Papanastasiou, Intercollege, Cyprus, Cyprus; Richard E. Ferdig, University of Florida, United States
Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching Vol. 25, No. 4 (October 2006) pp. 361–371
Interactive Multimedia Mathematics: Streamlining 6th Grade Content for Better Teaching, Practice, Remediation and Enrichment
Maria-Kristina Smith O'Regan & Christina Dehler, Cal Poly Pomona, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2005 (2005) pp. 3528–3533
Thomas Drazdowski, King's College, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2003 (2003) pp. 1746–1749
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.