Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, ISBN 978-1-880094-28-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Self-paced, learner-autonomous instruction is rapidly proliferating, particularly due to the growth of the World Wide Web. The effectiveness of this self-paced instruction has been and is currently being researched with varied results and conclusions. This paper describes a pilot study using the concept attainment model of teaching as Web-based intervention for students in a self-paced class.
Martindale, E.S. & Ahern, T.C. (1998). Using the Concept Attainment Model for Web-Based Interventions in Self-Paced Classes. In S. McNeil, J. Price, S. Boger-Mehall, B. Robin & J. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 1998--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 163-165). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 19, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/47371/.
© 1998 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bernhard, J., Siegel, L. (1994). Increasing Internal Locus of Control for a Disadvantaged Group: A Computer Intervention. Computers in the Schools, 11(1), 59-77.
- Boulet, M., and Others. (1990). Advisor System: Conception Of An Intervention Module.; Computers And Education; 14(1), 17-29.
- Dunn, R., and Others. (1995). A Meta-analytic Validation of the Dunn and Dunn Model of Learning-Style Preferences. Journal of Educational Research, 88(6), 353-362.
- Evans, J., Burck, H. (1992). The Effects of Career Education Interventions on Academic Achievement: A Meta-Analysis. Journal of Counseling and Development, 71(1), 63-68.
- Kember, D. (1990). The Use of a Model to Derive Interventions Which Might Reduce Drop-Out from Distance Education Courses. Higher Education, 20(1), 11-24.
- Kriner, L. And Shriberg, A. (1992). Counseling Center Interventions with Low Achievers. NASPA Journal, 30(1), 39-42.
- Marin, P. And Splete, H. (1991). A Comparison of the Effect of Two Computer-Based Counseling Interventions on the Career Decidedness of Adults. Career Development Quarterly, 39(4), 360-371.
- Parsons, P. And Meyer, J. (1990). The Academically “At Risk” Student: A Pilot Intervention Programme and Its Observed Effects on Learning Outcome. Higher Education, 20(3), 323334.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.