Global Learn, in Penang, Malaysia ISBN 978-1-880094-79-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
The main objective of the present research was to investigate students
evaluation of faculty and faculty evaluation of students. The research design was a descriptive survey and 140 were selected. The instrument for collecting the data was a researcher made questionnaire. The reliability of the questionnaire proved to be 0.87 and 0.89. The findings revealed that in students evaluation of faculty the factors, faculty satisfaction, outlines of questionnaire, and using the evaluation results were all above the average level with the means of 3.11, 3.90, 3.40 respectively, while the factor, the students
viewpoints was placed below the average level with the mean of 2.67. In the case of faculty evaluation of students ,the necessity of evaluation, faculty domination and cognition, and positive change in students, were above the average level with the means of 4.11, 3.48, and 3.46 respectively. Also there was a meaningful difference concerning faculty satisfaction toward students evaluation and the students` viewpoints, regarding fields of study and years of service.
Ahmadi, G. & Leis Safar, Z. (2010). A Study of Faculty Attitudes toward Students` Evaluation of Faculty and Faculty Evaluation of Students in the Academic Year of 2008-2009. In Z. Abas, I. Jung & J. Luca (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn Asia Pacific 2010--Global Conference on Learning and Technology (pp. 448-454). Penang, Malaysia: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 23, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/34214/.
© 2010 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bazargan, A. (2008). Instructional Evaluation: Concepts, Patterns and Operational Processes. Tehran, Samt Publications.
- Dennick, R. (2003). Long term retention of teaching skill after attending the teaching improvement project: Alongi tudinal self evaluation study. Med Teach, 25(3): 314-318.
- Doyle, T. (2006). Evaluating teacher effectiveness-research summery, Center for Teaching& Learning, Ferris state university. Available from: http://www.ferris.edu.
- Gadzella, B.M., Baloglu, M. (2003). High and low achieving education students on processing, Retaining and retrieval of information. Journal of Instructional Psychology, 30:99-103.
- Glynn, J.G., Sauer, P.L., Wood, G.R. (2005). Evaluating evaluations: A review of a student evaluation of faculty process. Proceedings of the Academy of Educational Leadership, 10(2):47-48.
- Langbein, L. (2008). Management by results: Student evaluation of faculty teaching and the mis-measurement of performance. Economics of Education Review 27, 417-428, Available from: www.sciencedirect.com.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.