Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in San Antonio, Texas, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-61-7 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The development and diffusion of educational initiatives based on the Word Wide Web (WWW) increased dramatically with the advances technology has gone through over the past decades, especially Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Distance learning was always an alternative for people who could not attend school in a traditional way. As Internet access expands, Web-based Learning Environments (WLE) are also growing. This study examined the interactions between humans and computers that take place within a Web-based Learning Environment (WLE) by analyzing users' perceptions of the look and feel (the visual and navigational aspects) of instructional interfaces.
Schnitman, I. & C. Ahern, T.C. (2007). Learners’ perceptions of a Web-based Learning Environment (WLE) interface: The Usability Evaluation Questionnaire Method. In R. Carlsen, K. McFerrin, J. Price, R. Weber & D. Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2007--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 937-943). San Antonio, Texas, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved February 18, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/24672/.
© 2007 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Avanzino, S., Bor, A, & Guzley, R.M. (2001). Simulated Computer-Mediated/Video-Interactive Distance Learning: A Test of Motovation, Interaction Satisfaction, Delivery, Learning& Perceived Effectiveness. JCMC 6(3).
- Chisalita, C., Losif, G., Juvina, I., Marhan, A-M., Trausan-Matu, S., & Vander Veer, G. (2002). Analysis of Web Browsing Behavior. A great potential for Psychological Research. In C. Pribeanu, J. Vanderdonckt (Eds.), Task Models and Diagrams for User Interface Design, Proceedings of 1st International Workshop on Task models and Diagrams for user interface design Tamodia.2002 (Bucharest, 18-19 July 2002), Academy of Economic Studies of Bucharest, Economic Informatics Department, INFOREC Publishing House, Bucharest,. 178 P.
- Chou, S.-W., & Liu, C.H. (2005). Learning effectiveness in a Web-based virtual learning environment: a learner control perspective. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning 21, 65– 76.
- Codognet, P. (2005) The Semiotics of The Web. Retrieved on 11/20/05 from http://pauillac.inria.fr/~codognet/web.html.Educationnews:Virtualclassroomsbooming.(2001).TheGaltGlobalReview.Retrievedon10/28/05fromhttp://www.galtglobalreview.com/education/virtual_classrooms.html.
- Ehrlich, D.B. (2002). Establishing Connections: Interactivity Factors for a Distance Education Course. Educational Technology& Society 5 (1). Retrieved on 11/14/05 from http://ifets.ieee.org/periodical/vol_1_2002/ehrlich.html.
- Lewis, J.R. (1995). Usability Satisfaction Questionnaires: Psychometric Evaluation and Instructions for Use. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction 7(1) 57-78. Retrieved on 03/12/06 from http://www.hcibib.org/gs.cgi?terms=IJHCI;Lewis;1995&word=checked.Lynch&Horton.(2002).InterfaceDesign.InWebStyleGuideWebSite.Retrievedon11/25/05fromhttp://www.webstyleguide.com/interface/index.html.
- Prates, R., DeSouza, C. & Barbosa, S. (2000). A Method for Evaluating the Communicability of User Interfaces. ACM Interactions, Jan-Feb, 31-38.
- Rollins, J.E. (2002). An Investigation of the Connections Between Adult Student Success, Satisfaction, and Learning Preferences and Usable Interface Design of Web-Based Educational Resources. Doctoral Thesis Submitted to Drexel University.
- Schneiderman, B., & Plaisant, C. (2005) Designing the user interface. (4 th Edition) Addison-Wesley: San Francisco.
- Sherson, G.W. (2002). Principles of Effective Web Design. Presented at Learning for eLearning Talkfest 2002 Conference. Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Webopedia (2004). In Jupitermedia Corporation WebSite. Retrieved on 11/26/05 from http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/I/interface.html.
- Wilson, B.G. (2004). Designing E-Learning Environments for Flexible Activity and Instruction. ETR & D 52(4) 77–
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.