Re-creating Graduate Teacher Education Classrooms: Multiple Technology Formats and Collaborating Instructors
Lynn Stallings, Kennesaw State University, United States
Journal of Technology and Teacher Education Volume 11, Number 4, ISSN 1059-7069 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Waynesville, NC USA
This paper describes a teaching experiment investigating the impact of using multiple teaching strategies and innovating while teaching collaboratively. The objective of this study was to examine the use of collaboration in trying a combination of face-to-face meetings, web courseware, and interactive two-way video in a graduate course. The major finding from interview data, surveys, courseware records, and instructor journals was the value of combining technology is synergistic if a sense of community is be established and if instructors understand and capitalize on the strengths of each technology. The secondary finding was the power of collaborative teaching as a means of professional development for both instructors.
Stallings, L. (2003). Re-creating Graduate Teacher Education Classrooms: Multiple Technology Formats and Collaborating Instructors. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 11(4), 501-514. Norfolk, VA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved March 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/2285/.
© 2003 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education
- Cahoon, B. (1998). Adult learning and the Internet: Themes and things to come. In B. Cahoon (Ed.) , Adult learning and the internet (pp. 63-69). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Darling-Hammond , L. (1997). The right to learn: A blueprint for creating schools that work. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Dede, C. (1995). The transformation of distance education to distributed learning. Retrieved May 14 , 2000 from: http://www.gsu.edu/~wwwitr/docs/d Is t learn/ index.h tm l.
- Firdyiwek , Y . (1999) . Web-based courseware tools: Where is the pedagogy? Educational Technology , 39 (1) , 29-34 .
- Georgia State University . (1999) . Gradua te Catalog . Atlanta: Author .
- North Central Commission on Institutions of Higher Education . (1998) .
- United States Distance Learning Association. (1999). Distance learning: definition. United Distance Learning Association. Retrieved May 6 , 2000 from: http://www.usdla.org/03_fact_sheet.htm
- WebCT . (1997) . WebCT 2 .0 . [Computer Software] . Peabody , Massachusetts: WebCT .
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
Jo Shackelford & Marge Maxwell, Western Kentucky University
The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning Vol. 13, No. 4 (Sep 12, 2012) pp. 228–249
Karen Fiege, Kim Peacock & David Geelan, University of Alberta, Canada
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2004 (2004) pp. 2150–2157
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.